Tuesday, March 31, 2009

midway and here now


I am so looking forward to linking to a new blog name and adventure! I'll let this reveal itself once over in bonnie Scotland. I write now from Roswell, Georgia - the home of my dear friends Susan & Klaus (& Kelsey & Fiona & Nova & Skye, their kitties). I am, shall we say, more than a bit knackered from the past few weeks. 

This is a 2003 artist's rendition (in case you were wondering....) of the Fisherman's Bothies with Tony & Ali standing next to the tree on the left! The grounds look sedate compared to their exuberant lushness today. God willing I shall arrive there next Tuesday, April 6th. I'll leave Atlanta early afternoon on Palm Sunday, and fly IAD (Washington Dulles) to LHR (London Heathrow) to EDI (Edinburgh Airport). At 10 am on the 6th, friends I've not seen since 2001 will greet me in Edinburgh, share time and tea with me, and then take me to the Edinburgh Waverley train station where my ticket awaits me in a little kiosk. At 1:35 pm local time I'll hop on the train and then really hope that it stops in rather than chugs past Aviemore as well as Forres to which I had originally booked. I'll sit on the train, drink tea, write, stare out the window. Okay okay, I might buy a few biscuits (cookies to my American friends) from the trolley.... Tony will scoop me up in Aviemore (again, we hope!) around 4:30 pm. 

Getting to the Highlands of Scotland sometimes takes a very long time. 

Today and each day this week I will breathe. I will also be with my friends and their curious felines, walk, jog if I can, weave in necessary admin, sing and reunite with some of my shape note friends from last summer (woo-hoo!), find local 12-Step meetings, and breathe. 

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Dear Diane, we both hope you have an easy journey and a happy arrival to your little bothy away from home. Or is that your home now? Regardless, you are in our thoughts and prayers and we wish you good speed on your path to healing.

We love you! Stand in the wind for us...
Felicia & William.

Celeste Billhartz said...

It is the 6th ... you are there, now. Blessings to you and your friends. Love, Celeste