Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My neutrophils are cantering gently

I will upload Alice's wonderful image a 2nd time because it is just SO full of courage and intention. My white counts and neutrophils are as well, just not exactly on a timetable I'm really excited about. The WBC (white blood counts) are at 600 en route to 1000; the ANC (absolute neutrophil counts, a crucial aspect of these immune fighters) are at 400 out of 1000. Dem's today's numbers. I know some of you were rooting for my emancipation TODAY. Clearly it will need to be on inner more than 3D levels....

Now we CAN shoot for anywhere between 3000-10,000..... I'm hoping for the minimum for freedom. I guess this will give me more time for my continuing 12 Days of Christmas as well as the very daunting work dealing with two different insurance companies. You'd think taking on leukemia would be enough, but noooooooo! I will accept any and all suggestions for dealing with these forked tongue creatures (insurance companies). Now and then a gem appears, with a heart of helpfulness and clear communication. Unfortunately they are in the minority. I will embrace them and take steps forward as best as I can.

To 1000 and 5000 and beyond! Have a very safe and Happy New Year!

No comments: