Thursday, April 16, 2009

the light illumines

The otherworldly luminosity of the late afternoon light here catapults past my ability to describe it. I gaze out and my heart skips several beats. This view is out in Rafford, a tiny hamlet past Forres, neither of which is exactly what you'd call a thriving metropolis. This manner of expansiveness would drive any greed-driven developer to spasms. As an urban escapee, I drink in nature's breath.

So much evolves and occurs on a given day that I find it difficult to write about. The "much" isn't my normal anxiety-addled doingness as much as allowing myself to be present with others and with my desire to show up for my life in real time. I could write 10 pages alone on my 1st returned walk through the Forres High Street. I don't. I haven't. Not just yet. The enormity of the past months sometimes seems to need its own unpeeled allowance, perhaps like a young seedling. I might also be simply incapable of writing in the midst of a busy living room. The signal doesn't reach to the end of the hall where I might sequester myself in solitude. It might be ADD, it might not. It might be hyper-vigilance, it might not. 

Finally I got the blood draw yesterday. Trying to connect medical procedures between California and rural northeast Scotland isn't the easiest. Trying to trust God while I take the most logical next step comes and goes in difficulty. 

I write one-liners in Facebook and then think about what I might share here. And the unfolding continues......

No comments: