Tuesday, April 28, 2009

so far so good, considering we drove 3 hours each way...

..... to get sharp needles plunging into my hip bone once again!

Thank God that Tony came along as moral support. I drove my newly bought red vroom vroom out to Aberdeen, the beautiful rolling hills sometimes shrouded in cloud and rain. Tony was pilot-in-command en route back.

More shall be revealed a week from Thursday when we journey back to speak with the head hematologist. Said head doc didn't perform the procedure today, but the doc who did was able and competent. This is as perky as I can get about someone who can only do their best to wreak some fairly intense pain my way. Ok ok - she was even nice!

The feel good news for today is that the rogue abnormal blast was nowhere to be found two days later, when a follow-up CBC was taken on April 22nd. This is HUGELY good news for now. My counts are still shite (as they say here in Scotland) but stable. The recent plunge has leveled off for now. And to have a friend such as Tony close at hand to share the long drive, ease the squeaky fears and provoke a few chuckles is a blessed gift. Tonight I'm being slow and quiet. 

5 comments:

Michele said...

We'll savor every bit of good news we have! Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop and along for the ride. Love and hugs, M&A

Dakotah Sue said...

Great news about the now-missing blast. Still finding myself envious that you know more Scottish slang than I ever did. Counting my prayer beads every day for you - ran out of candles (only pure beeswax will do).
Much Love and Joy,
SusanK

Felicia said...

SO GLAD FOR THE GOOD NEWS!!! Whew.

I'm not surprised you had a little dip back into the fear-scape. Traveling, even easy traveling and to a place you really want to go to can be stressful and stress messes with the immune system. Keep looking at the fuzzy lambs and laughing with your friends!

We love you!

Diane said...

I am blessed by all the love you send.

Susan said...

We are so glad to hear your Great news and that you are being so well cared for.

The Crystal is happily buzzing along under the pine tree holding You in the resonance of Love, Serenity, and Healing Light.

Love From,
Susan, Klaus, Kelsey, Skye, Nova, & Fiona

Camden says, 'Diane Whooo?' (no, she remembers you!!)