Thursday, April 23, 2009

selfish simplicity

I can't die yet, I'm having too much fun!

While I write in here when I am able, meaning when I have a wifi signal and the inspiration, I don't write personal emails anymore save for the occasional 2-liner. Some of you understand this - thank you! For those who think I'm hopelessly sociopathic or lazy, I realize that's okay to think what you please (my Alanon program tells me I can't control people, places and things and I notice I need regular reminders of that) while I reaffirm that this is one of my principal sharing spaces. This blog  - where I continue to be stuck on the next name -  is my doorway and my open arms. 

My journey to arrive here in the Highlands of Scotland has been considerable. I can sit in front of my laptop screen or be out walking as I was with Ruthie on Wednesday (see photo), well over an hour each way to a tiny loch where we snacked on fruit and nuts while picking up some scattered rubbish left by the thoughtless. I can be in the emerging spring garden with Tony and his gentle instruction, or hopping in the car such as I did yesterday to drive to Elgin with both Tony & Ali for a nice lakeside lunch and shopping. (We left some freshly made chips - fat 'n sassy French fries to you Yankees! - for the birds). I'm here, I'm living it and breathing it as heartfully as I can. I'm not writing long and newsy emails. I will share with you from here. 

Neither am I available for leisurely phone calls, more than 5-10 minutes. That it is their business and personal line is one reason. That I am here to heal is another. I ask that you understand. 

I love receiving your loving prayers, the sweet comments you leave here, heartfelt emails asking for no reply, even a postcard now and then - I feel loved by you. And I am here. I am here. Whatever happens, I am here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, comfort, joy and hugs and sunshine. Every moment is yours. Love you lots.
Thorie

Celeste Billhartz said...

Blessed be ... Love, Celeste

Michele said...

And this moment is all of what every one of us has...and may we be sufficient unto it and have it wholly. Love you..M&A

Felicia said...

I love reading your blog, I love knowing you are doing your healing in a place and with people of your heart's choosing. I love it that you have the sense to harbor your strength for your own self. I love you!