Friday, January 30, 2009

Good news!!


While there await 1-2 more tests whose results will nudge this guesstimated 92% to fully positive totality, I remain for the most part in remission. This is really GOOD news!

My counts continue to rise, a clear sign that my soul essence and body continue to choose wellness over stagnation. My platelets alone were over 100 today! (They were 17 when I landed in the 1st oncologist's office last October with leg bruises and gum bleeds - normal counts are between 150-450; all of these are x 1000). 

I'll meet with Dr. K. again a week from today, Friday the 6th of February. While the search for a bone marrow donor has finally begun, it could take several months. I am told that until that time, I should receive Consolidation chemotherapy every 4-6 weeks to keep me in remission. It is probably quite clear that I will push for as much time between hospital stays as I can wrangle. As well I will seek a next Consolidation at UCSF rather than Alta Bates, since it feels wiser to spend time where I'll actually be receiving the bone marrow or stem cell transplant. Today I'm poised between the two medical facilities, which is already demonstrating some communication blips. I need to reign in as much confusion and sloppiness as I can. This AML is already enough of a pain.

Tonight I smile. To all of you who pray, send goodness and send words of wisdom after these posts or in emails or etherically - oh thank you ever so much! 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news Diane, we've been watching for your blog and praying all day.

Diane said...

Thanks, Alan - hope your time in Houston is good!