Monday, January 26, 2009

staring over the abyss


This afternoon is a bone marrow biopsy with Alta Bates' Dr. K. This is the procedure whose results later this week will tell me whether I remain in remission (zero blasts) or have relapsed. 

If the leukemic blasts have returned after 50 days in two different hospitals since October 27th, two brutal rounds of chemotherapy and a half million dollars' worth of bills sent to my insurance company, then I will make my next steps with as much spiritual fortitude and soul honesty as I can. 

If you read this before 2:30 pm California time, I would love to receive some healing thoughts for peace and presence. These procedures are not known for being particularly pleasant. Thank you and bless you! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending loving, healing energy now...

Felicia & William.

Anonymous said...

“Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”
--Og Mandino

Anonymous said...

Even in the deepest sinking there is the hidden purpose of an ultimate rising. Thus it is for all men, from none is the source of light withheld unless he himself withdraws from it. Therefore the most important thing is not to despair.

Hasidic saying

Diane said...

Thank you, blessed ones! I felt covered in caring - which is pretty cool considering .......